I am a podcast addict. In fact, I could probably do without a smart phone if not for my podcasts. I know this because on weekends, when I’m home, my phone usually does not get any love.
I use a $15 Panasonic ear phones. I’ve used the same kind for years. The one I have right now is in it’s third year. I’m not sure I’ll ever own a wireless one, although I could totally use one. The day I own one, I know I’m either FI, or nuts.
On that note, we own OnePlus 5 phones that we got for about half the price of a Samsung or other android brands.
Back to my list, sometimes I wonder if I’d grasp my work and readings better if I didn’t have them on ‘all the time’. Then again, I learn a lot from them. I stay current. And my cube is not exactly surrounded by like-minded-agreeable-folks. My tribe resides elsewhere. They say you’re the average of the 5 people you surround yourself with – hence, the podcasts.
I’m not sure if any of these need my validation. This is just my way of thanking them. So, the list (in no particular order):
- The Stacking Benjamins Show – They’re fun. I enjoy the wit. But they’ve got to learn to say Pant the right way – ask Paula. And may be go easy on Dave.
- Millionaires Unveiled – I really, really like this show. They’re crude, but to the point – no BS. I love the millionaires who come to the show. Like Jeff, the millionaire custodian.
- Motley Fool Money – I’m a Boglehead, but it’s important to know what’s happening, how folks are thinking, and why.
- The Clark Howard Show – He’s a little easy. 15% savings is not ‘fantastic’, but I like Clark.
- The Dave Ramsey Show – I won’t cut my card, but I like Dave. I like the folks who call into his shows. But I don’t listen to the show when he’s not there.
- Fire Drill Podcast – the two (now one, why?) are young and ambitious. I’m older, and I’m keen to see where this goes.
- ChooseFI – This one’s serious – the old school way. Respect.
There are other non FI podcasts I enjoy – mostly NPR and BBC stuff. All good. See the screenshots below for the complete list.
Leave a Reply